French Poet Laureate 2021/2022
Gilles Latour was born in Cornwall and attended university in Paris and Montreal, but has lived in Ottawa for most of his life. He built a strong career in international development and also served as the poetry editor for Les Editions L’Interligne. His poems have appeared in various journals and anthologies, and he has published five collections of his work, which have been shortlisted for the Trillium Poetry Prize, the City of Ottawa Literary Award, and the Prix Le Droit. His most recent book is Debris du sillage (2020).
- Debris du sillage. L’Interligne, Ottawa, 2020.
- À la merci de l’étoile. L’Interligne, Ottawa, 2018.
- Mots qu’elle a faits terre. L’Interligne, Ottawa, 2015.
- Mon univers est un lapsus. L’Interligne, Ottawa, 2014.
- Māyā partir ou Amputer. L’Interligne, Ottawa, 2011.
Prizes and Other Distinctions
- Trillium Finalist 2019 : À la merci de l’étoile
- Finalist for the Ottawa Book Award 2021 : Débris du sillage